The privacy of your personal Information is important to Apex Pharmaceutical Pty Ltd. and its related companies and affiliates (referred to collectively as “Apex Pharmaceutical, we or our”) and we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is handled responsibly, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) including the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APPs”).
- Personal Information we collect and hold;
- Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information;
- Consequences for you if your personal information is not provided to us;
- Disclosures of personal information to third parties;
- How personal information if held and protected;
- Accessing and correcting your information;
- Privacy complaints or disputes;
- Your privacy choices; and
- Contacting us about privacy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOLD
The type of personal information that we may collect and hold, and where that information comes from, will vary depending on the circumstances in which we are dealing with you. This information may include:
- Personal details about you such as your name, gender, date of birth, residential and business addresses, telephone numbers, email and other electronic addresses;
- If you have registered on our website information from your browser and our servers that may be connected to the contact details you gave when you registered.
- Other details relating to your relationship and dealings with us, including if we deal with you in a capacity other than a customer (for example, if you have applied for a position with us, pre-employment history, income, results of aptitude and other tests, contact and emergency details).
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us through your responses to competitions, surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, ratings and reviews and the like.
We usually collect your personal information directly from you. However, in some circumstances we may also collect personal information from agents or service providers engaged by us to do so or by other third parties (such as from referees, to verify the information you have provided us or to assist us to locate or communicate with you).
As a general rule, we do not collect sensitive information about you. However, in circumstances where we require sensitive information from you for a lawful purpose, for example for the purpose of providing our services to you, we will seek your consent to collect Sensitive Information prior to collecting it.
You can set your browser to determine whether your computer will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, the Website, which is cookie-enabled, will not recognise you when you return to the website, and some functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
Although cookies do not normally contain personal information, if you have provided your personal information to us, we may associate your registration information with the cookies or other things that the website places on your computer's hard drive. Associating a cookie with your registration data allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags (sometimes called web beacons) which function somewhat like a cookie. Pixel tags are used to pass certain information to our servers in order to personalise the website and to track your usage across our other websites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails.
PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as reasonably necessary to run the business and as permitted by law. These purposes may include:
- processing applications or requests for our products or services, managing those products and services and other relationships and arrangements;
- marketing Communications, for example we may target our marketing communications and personalise your view of our website to provide you information that may be most relevant to you based on your profile, behaviour and interests, including information about Apex Pharmaceutical products;
- recruitment and staffing purposes;
- dealing with complaints; and
- any purpose as required by various Australian laws which may either expressly, or in effect, require us to collect your personal information. Such laws include the Commonwealth Taxation Administration Act, Income Tax Assessment Act and other taxation laws (for example, to comply with information requests issued by the Federal Commissioner of Taxation) and employment laws (for example the Fair Work Act).
CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU IF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED TO US
If you do not provide us with personal information we ask for or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete consequences for you can include, as relevant, that we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes listed above or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act to third parties that include the following:
- related entities, commercial partners (including parties with whom we have various types of commercial arrangements) and affiliates;
- service providers (such as parties we contract to send you promotional and informational offers on behalf of Apex Pharmaceutical);
- other persons that we need to deal with in connection with engagement of staff (such as training or medical providers, insurers, next-of-kin, referees); and
- other persons and entities as permitted under the Privacy Act (such as insurers).
Some of the recipients to whom we may disclose your personal information may be based overseas. It is likely that the countries in which such overseas recipients will be located will include New Zealand and China.
As required by the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information that is no longer required for a permitted purpose.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to certain exemptions under the Privacy Act.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to our dealings with you and the nature of our relationship with you.
If you would like to request access to your personal information or correction of your personal information held by us, you may contact us in writing. The relevant contact details are provided below (see “Contacting us about privacy”).
PRIVACY COMPLAINTS OR DISPUTES
If you are unhappy with the handling of your complaint you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (visit www.oaic.gov.au for more information).
CONTACTING US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you wish to contact us about the privacy-related matters described above or find out more information about our privacy practices, please use the contact details below:
Apex Pharmaceutical Pty Ltd.
PO. BOX 8333